Saturday, January 12, 2013

Dairy Free Smoothie

Hello and  thank you for visiting my blog.  This is my first post.  I thought I would share my Dairy Free Smoothie Recipe.

First you need Frozen Fruit any fruits of your choice.  For my smoothie I used the following

Ingredients

1 cup of frozen pineapple's

1 cup of frozen mango's

1 cup of sweet frozen dark cherries

1cup of blue berries

1 cup of mixed berries (raspberries, strawberries....etc)

1/4 cup of ground flaxseeds (optional)

1/4- 1/2 cups of cane sugar or (granulated sugar or honey)

1/4- 1/2 cups of water

1-2 cups of  Sparkling Spring Water Raspberry Lime Flavor ( or any flavor you choose)


First you going to start off by making a simple syrup.  Which is equal parts water to sugar.  Depending on the level of sweetness that you prefer.  I usually use about 1/4 of a cup of  cane sugar and 1/4 of cup of water. Bring the mixture to a boil until cane sugar dissolves.  Please note if you are using cane sugar or honey, your simple syrup will be an amber color  and granulated sugar the mixture will be clear.  Once the simple syrup is done remove from the heat and allow to cool, while you move on to the next step. 

Second you are going to add 1 cup of the sparkling spring water.  I use this in place of milk for a smooth texture without the dairy.  It also has 0 calories, fats, carbs etc.......

Third add your frozen fruits.  I love frozen fruits because as Dr. Oz says it's picked at it's peak season.  Another benefit to frozen fruits.....you will not need ice.  No need to unthaw ahead of time.  Just toss it in the blender.

Fourth add  1 more cup of the sparkling water and blend until smooth.  At this point add your simple syrup.  It may still be hot but it will not matter it does not effect your smoothie at all. Blend again to evenly distribute the simple syrup.

Last step add the 1/4 cup of flax seed and blend again so that it will be evenly distributed.

This recipe makes 6 cups

Once I am done with the mixture I transfer my smoothie into a BPA Free Plastic Container and store any remainder in the freezer.  Just simply take out and hour before and it is ready to drink.

disolving the sugar in the water

fininshed product simple syrup with cane sugar

frozen fruit

Sparkling Water added to frozen fruit

The smoothie transferred into a BPA Free Plastic Bottle.

I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment